Tyres4U Sticks With Dunlop

The National Tyre and Wheel Group (including Exclusive Tyre Distributors, Tyres4U and Dynamic Wheel Co) is excited to announce the company has signed a 5-year agreement for the wholesale distribution of Dunlop passenger and commercial tyres in Australia and New Zealand.

Tyres4U is scheduled to commence deliveries of Dunlop tyres to customers throughout Australia from the beginning of April 2024.

Tyres4U CEO Colin Skead said “Dunlop is the perfect fit for our existing wholesale business in Australia. It fills gaps in our product range in both the passenger and commercial tyre segments, enabling us to make a sought-after brand offering to drive consumers into our retail customers’ stores. We couldn’t be more excited to have Dunlop on board with us and can’t wait to get started early next year”.

Around 80% of Dunlop sales in Australia are in the consumer segment (car, SUV and 4WD), with the remaining 20% comprised of commercial tyres (truck and bus). Dunlop is in the top 3 for brand awareness in Australia and features as original equipment on many prestige European performance car marques and Japanese family car brands.

Dunlop History

John Boyd Dunlop invented the pneumatic tyre in 1888 after he noticed his son’s discomfort while riding a tricycle fitted with solid rubber tyres over cobbled ground. Dunlop wrapped the tricycle wheels in thin rubber sheets, glued them together and inflated them with a football pump. And so it was 135 years ago that the world’s first commercially viable pneumatic tyre was created by Dunlop who lent his name to the brand.

From there Dunlop’s growth from pioneer to successful multinational corporation was swift, with factories soon opened in many parts of the world. In 1999 Dunlop became part of the Goodyear Tyre and Rubber Company, creating the ideal combination of racing heritage and worldwide technological resources.

Today Dunlop remains at the cutting edge of tyre development technology and is internationally synonymous with motorsport. Dunlop is currently in its 23rd successive season supplying the Australian and New Zealand Supercars Championship Series and is fitted as original equipment on many high-performance vehicle marques and other leading car brands throughout the world.

“We are very proud to be holding the pen in writing the next chapter of Dunlop’s history in Australia and New Zealand” Tyres4U parent company (NTAW) CEO Peter Ludemann said “As custodians of the brand we aim to make that chapter one where all Dunlop stakeholders win as a result of our involvement”.

We have moved to a new Online Ordering Platform (Costar).

If you have not received your username and password, please contact the Tyres4U Contact Centre on 1800 722 822.

Need help?